Sunday, October 25, 2009

Plateaus and Hill tops

I know that there will be times I will plateau with my weight loss but I have been so motivated and seen the results every few days, I started to think that it won't happen to me....sigh

I can put it down to a few things - I spent two weeks with family on holiday - just casual - but I let my hair down a bit - ate at every meal, had alcohol and even indulged in some chocolate - but nothing too outrageous or ridiculous.... and I put on 3 kg.. I nearly died when I saw the scales.

Have been able to shed 2 of those but now on a plateau and its so hard not to jump on and off the scales to check .. like every meal time.. I am trying really hard not to be obsessed... but I have the fear of going back - of being really fat again.

I have upped my activity levels and going to two classes a week as well as 20 mins of wii fit a day... writing this I know its not really enough... damn it..sigh....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go girl, you'll get there! Word of advice from one who is on a similar journey, please don't get scale obsessed......recommended weight loss is between 500g & 1kg a week for minimal excess skin, You are young so your skin will bounce back easier than mine lol.......its taken me 20 mths to lose 40 kg which works out to be 500g a mth, So be patient and you'll get there, don't look at the numbers but how you are feeling and looking. I haven't budged weight wise for a few mths but my body is changing due to the exercise and i now have a waist lol.....keep up the good work and feel free to chat eith me anytime, maybe you could get my trainer to help you too - he comes to you at home and puts you through your paces, well worth the money as I'm useless at going to gyms. Chin up girl...you're beautiful and you know it!

Unknown said...

P.S oh yeah...don't ever deny yourself a pleasure because if you do, your body will demand it and then you will binge......eat everything in small portions and in moderation will see you through :-)