Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I wore a bikini today

I wore a bikini today at the beach.

For some people this is a very boring experience and perhaps others may think.. umm so what??

.. the last time I was in a bikini was when I was 8 years old and I have never owned one as an adult. I generally get out into the water with more material on than an Iranian lass in a birker.

I have to admit for the first few moments – especially when I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I thought what on earth possessed you to not only buy a bikini – but to now wear one in public?

When I first got out of hospital and the bandages taken off, I stared in wonderment at my new shape and cried. I never thought I’d have the opportunity to see anything that resembled a flattened tummy again. Although I have a rounded tummy still, it basically goes straight down – no floppy bits – no folds or flap overs. I also understand that I need to lose weight and get my tummy muscles into shape in order to have a much tighter and flatter stomach line.

With this in mind – I strode out into the waterside, head held high.
I am wearing a bikini.

I may still have a rounded tummy and love handles at the side – but I am wearing a bikini. That is such a strong statement of self confidence, I am still in awe.

Just thought I’d share that one…

No comments: