Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pity Party Over

Pity Party

About time to crash the pity party and get on with reshaping a new identity. That’s what this whole exercise is all about –after all. I know in the very fiber of my being that the stomach stapling gastro lap band thing would just not suit me. It don’t re educate the way you eat – as far as I can tell from experiences others around me have had – is that it physically restricts you in eating the amounts you used to – but not WHAT goes in. The things you can eat would be stuff no healthy person should eat anyway – no greens, no fruit or fiberous stuff? Man – that’s just a highway to colon cancer. I think the thing that really did it for me in my decision not to do the lap band was the gleeful admissions by people who had it done that they could still eat chocolate and dessert.

Habits is what will reshape me and in my 4 months of being nearly ( on and off) raw, I have changed from getting a snack of a chocolate bar at the petrol station when I fill up or at the supermarket – and opting to wait till I get home – or finding some grapes, cherries or some sweet fruit to munch on instead. I ( and this shocked me) even don’t feel like eating sweet processed things and hunger for a piece of melon or an apple instead. I think that in itself is gold.

So Pity Party is over. I think (modestly of course) that I have far too much in store for me in this life to end it now. It would just be too boring. Being chased naked down the street at 107 after having an affair with someone 3 times my junior… now that’s more likely….. and a bit more fun to think about.

No comments: