Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Realistic expectations of tummy tuck proceedure

I don't expect to get rid of my whole gut - but from explanation and photos I have seen, I expect that I will no longer have a big flap hanging over my hips and onto my legs.

I seriously cannot think of how else you can imagine to get rid of a stomach when it gets this way. bal bla we all know that prevention is the best cure and one aught never get into the situation in the first place.. but what about all the people who have and are now stuck helpless with this huge apron, front porch into front of them, unable to do much exercise because the bulk physically prevents them from doing it. imagine trying to run or jump with this in front of you? let me tell you - its neither a pretty site , nor is it comfortable. add to this the huge weight of breasts which usually go with this figure, usually very droppy - like mine. You end up feeling like crap the whole time, unable or unwilling to wear anything more revealing than a sheet and begin to think the Muslim women have something going for their fashion.

So realistically - the excess skin and flap is removed and stomack flattened or shaped to me smoother if not flat. how exciting does that sound... like 1000000000000 times exciting. THis proceeeudre is not meant as a weight loss technique - so I am not expecting great swathes of fat to be ripped out of me. I understand that its quite dangerous for the bod y in any case to loose volumne so it can't be done anywhay.

There is still work to be done in the sit ups and exersie arena - but heck when you start looking good, you'll feel like getting out there.

I am still not comfortable to have my photos of the before shot even seen by me - much less published - but a quick google search will reveal many others who have done the procedure and the results they have achieved. I can only dream that if my result looks half as good as this it will be money well spent.

I thank the anonymous lady whose photos I have pulled from the net - I would acknowledge you - but there was no name or details.

I look much worse that she does... and can only marvel at what surgery can achieve.. cross fingers... getting excited... and a bit scared too.

No comments: