Sunday, June 21, 2009

Still wondering what to say to folk

SOfar I have been unable to tell many people – hubby ( of course – after tearful and gutwrenching displays of emotion and a bunch of other stuff months ago.) and a dear girlfriend of mine whom although we see very little of, email or be in touch, we connect immediately when we do – and over lunch I felt it right to tell her. She was so supportive and fantastic about it. She even wanted to come with me and get some stuff done.. believe me – out of all my girlfriends, she is the last person I would think needed any perfecting on.

I kinda have to thing about what I am going to say to people as I am expecting its going to be quite a transformation when all the swelling etc goes down. I know its not going to change me into a size 12 – but there will be some major body shape differences. Maybe I just won’t say anything. After all – its not like its anyones business.

I know its not a end all and be all change – it’s the beginning of something fantastic and new. I feel I have done as much as I can and I really need help ona major level to step up to the next phase in body acceptance. Its just not going to work when I look the way I do.

I am both scared and so looking forward to it.. less than two weeks now.

No comments: